And here comes another new band. Circus Of Rock is a promising moniker for a band that just started. Initiated by drummer Mirka Rantanen (King Company), Circus Of Rock impress by a long list of guest singers that enrich the album with their voices.
It all started with the idea of Rantanen to work on a solo album which he wanted to become a special one. Instead of putting a lot of spotlight towards him as a musician, Rantanen wanted from the very beginning the songs to shine. Frontiers Music was excited by this idea and releases the debut Circus Of Rock in early August.
‚Come One, Come All‘ is the title of the 13 songs containing record, that features with Rick Altzi, Johnny Gioeli and more some great singers. Not to forget Tyketto‘s Danny Vaughn and his contribution to the well-rocking ‚Caught in the Middle‘.
Circus Of Rock certainly unveil a well-forged melodic rock/metal album. Each of these tunes has its own charm and fans that dig a good melody and some rock spirit will like what they get served by Circus Of Rock. Although showing good craftsmanship it is a certain level of originality that‘s missing. It‘s not that this kind of music is new, neither it shows an innovative approach. It‘s a bit of a cookie-cutter approach that is used here, still delivering a tasty result.
- The Beat (Feat. Riku Turunen)
- Desperate Cry (Feat. Johnny Gioeli)
- Sheriff Of Ghost Town (Feat. Marco Hietala)
- Never (Feat. Kimmo Blom)
- In Times Of Despair (Feat. Elize Ryd)
- Crossroads (Feat. Pasi Rantanen)
- Caught In The Middle (Feat. Danny Vaughn)
- Plywood Covered Windows And Crappy Shoes (Antti Railio)
- Edge Of Love (Feat. Rick Altzi)
- Set Me Free (Feat. Jarkko Ahola
- Everafter (Feat. Tommi “Tuple” Salmela)
- No Reason (Feat Marc Quee)
- Tears Of The Clown (Feat. Erik Kraemer)
- Burning (Bonus Track Digital)
Label: Frontiers Music
Genre: Melodic Metal
Release Date EU: August 6th, 2021